Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What is that noise?

I kept hearing this noise coming from outside the living room window and every time I looked I could not see anything. Someone was hammering or building something. I was sure of it. Turns out after using the zoom lens I discovered the culprit up high in the pecan tree. It is so funny that I found this little guy and took his picture and today I am reading about this same thing on Karen's blog so I thought I'd post my picture (if not for anyone else but Karen!). It is definitely a woodpecker. No wonder my limbs are falling out of the trees and I thought it was from lack of rain!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, I need a zoom lens! That looks just like ours with the red head.

Joanne said...

It must be woodpecker season! There was a VERY loud one in our neighbor's tree in Iowa. Man, I was glad to leave him behind! ;-)