Thursday, June 25, 2009

Today

My step-mother-in-law, Judy sent this poem to me today. She lost her middle child, David, this week to medical complications that were unforeseen. As I read the poem, I realized how it not only applied to Judy's unfortunate curcumstance, but to my life's journey. I'm sharing this with you as there may be someone that just needs a little lift today. It worked for me.


Today, I will delete from my journal two days: yesterday and tomorrow. Yesterday was to learn from and tomorrow...well that will be the consequence of what I can do today.

Today, I will face life with the sure knowledge that this day will never return.

Today, is the last opportunity I have to live intensely, as no one can assure me that I will see tomorrow's sunrise.

Today, I will be brave enough not to let any opportunity pass me by, my only alternative is to succeed.

Today, I will invest my most valuable resource: my time in the most transcendental work: my life...

Today, I will spend each minute passionately, to make today a different and unique day in my life.

Today, I will defy every obstacle that appears on my way, trusting I will succeed.

Today, I will resist pessimism, and will conquer the world with a smile and a positive attitude of always expecting the best.

Today, I will make of every ordinary task a sublime expression.

Today, I will have my feet on the ground understanding reality and the stars' gaze, and thus will invent my future.

Today, I will take the time to be happy and will leave my footprints and my presence in the hearts of others, not just in the sands of time.

Today, I invite you to begin a new season where we can dream that everything we undertake is possible and we fulfill that dream, with joy and dignity.

Today, why not perform a random act of kindness...?

And, if there are those that you love, tell them, you don't know when it might be your last opportunity. Tell them, as I have just done...today.

Have a good day, my friend and a better tomorrow!

No comments: