Monday, December 7, 2009

Homemade Noodles and Persimmon Bread

My conversion from Software Engineer to Domestic Engineer is coming along quite well. I am enjoying spending time in the kitchen with the kids making things from scratch. This month we made Chicken Noodle Soup with homemade egg noodles like Grandma used to make and Persimmon Bread.

Ok, so I'm stretching the truth a bit... I just wanted to play with my new rolling pin my brother made me out of mesquite wood. And, boy did I like it! Thank you William!!!

The persimmon bread was fun to make too. Sandra and Melvin Haisler gave me some persimmons and they looked really pretty sitting in the bowl on the bar. Finally, they started getting ripe so I figured I should do something with them besides throw them out. I found a recipe on the internet and it turned out to be a good one. I saved the seeds from the persimmons so maybe we will plant them and have our own tree some day. Thanks for the persimmons, Melvin!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Mmm, homemade noodles are the best!