Saturday, July 11, 2009

Vacation Bible School

.
Rachel, Courtney and I spent the day at Vacation Bible School at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Cyclone (our home church). Once again, I took on the role of photographer capturing every smiling face I possibly could. This year's theme was Crocodile Dock and I tell you the teachers that volunteer their time to plan, prepare and decorate are doing a fantastic job. They transform the hall into a moment in time that corresponds with the theme and I never thought I would see a fishing boat and dock inside the hall, but indeed I did. The kids have so much fun going between music, outdoor activities, story telling, crafts and snacks with each station providing a message about God. I have to also brag on the wonderful cooks slaving over the hot stoves in the kitchen preparing the perfect meal for the occasion. The fried frog legs were out of this world and most of the kids agreed they tasted like "chicken".

After a long day in the hall, we ended the day with mass and a family supper which the cooks also prepared. During the supper is where my job comes in setting up the slideshow of all the kids pictures that I took all day on the big screen TV for all to oooh and ahhh after. This is such a great way to get the families together and let the parents see what their children were up to all day. It makes for a long day, but it is very rewarding for all.

Dustin is still in Oklahoma and we miss him!

No comments: